Welcome to Fort Bayard Medical Center and Fort Bayard State Veterans Home
Fort Bayard Medical Center is a licensed and certified, 200-bed, long-term Intermediate and skilled care facility. FBMC also offers chemical dependency treatment at Yucca Lodge Chemical Dependency Treatment Center.
Fort Bayard State Veterans Home is a licensed and certified, 40-bed neighborhood specific for:
- Honorably discharged veterans with 90 days or more of service and their spouses as well as Gold Star Parents, who have lost children in the service of their country.
We accept Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance and private pay for services. We provide services to every person who is medically eligible.
Fort Bayard Medical Center/State Veteran's Home rises to health care challenges by striving to be a leader in our community and providing a wellness way of life with quality, efficiency, compassion, and empathy for the residents entrusted to our care.
To foster healing and health for the residents and community we serve. Excellence in the provision of health care services to our residents and their families and the community we serve.
Fort Bayard Medical Center/State Veteran's Home will be known for:
- Care so coordinated and welcoming that residents feel “they know me here.”
- Compassionate competent and dependable care that earns the community’s trust.
- Passion for improving the delivery of care and services to our residents & their families.
- Concern for the health of our community, especially the underserved
- Responsible use of our resources.
How to Find Us
Fort Bayard Medical Center/State Veteran's Home is located right next to the site of an Army cavalry post in the southwestern foothills of the Pinos Altos Mountains of New Mexico. Our visitors travel on U.S. 180 and find us 8 miles east of Silver City, New Mexico.